The RIMLS and RIHS institutes have appointed Prof. Dorine Swinkels and Prof. Gerhard Zielhuis, both experienced scientists, as contact persons in the case of suspicion of scientific misconduct or related matters.
|Contact: Dorine.Swinkels@radboudumc.nl||Contact: Gerhard.Zielhuis@radboudumc.nl|
Role of the contact person
(1) Any employee at the Radboudumc RIMLS and RIHS can confidentially inform one of the contact persons in case of suspicion of scientific misconduct or related matters. Naturally, PhD candidates can also choose to contact their mentors. The information that a PhD candidate shares with his/her mentor is also strictly confidential.
(2) The contact person is there to advise those who approach him/her on the steps to take. The contact person will NOT follow-up on the case, i.e., he/she will not examine the plausibility of the allegations with regard to accuracy and relevance. The contact person will keep complete confidentiality to protect the complainant and the individual or party against whom the allegation has been made.
(3) The contact person may refer the complainant to one of the confidential advisors on academic integrity (Dutch: vertrouwenspersonen wetenschappelijke integriteit) who further investigates the allegation.
(4) The contact persons advise the RIHS scientific director on all relevant matters related to good scientific practice and scientific conduct and provide a yearly written report including anonymized statistics on consultations.
(5) The contact persons provide information regarding scientific conduct for all RIHS personnel. For example, they participate in the mandatory PhD course on scientific integrity.
The RIHS requests from their scientists that they disclose any financial or personal relationship that may influence their credibility of independence.