With nearly 700 peer-reviewed publications to his name, Mihai is a truly exceptional scientist. His publications span a whole range of top journals reaching an average of 30 citations per paper. And on the RIMLS website, his personal page has notched up nearly 5000 views in the last two years! A very clear peak is to be seen with the announcement of the Spinoza in June this year. His google statistics aren’t bad either! Highlights of recent international accreditations:
National & International Personal Prizes & Awards
- 1999 Merck Irving S. Sigal Memorial Award of the American Academy of Microbiology
- 2002 International Sepsis Forum Young Investigator Award
- 2002 Dutch Society for Medical Microbiology Aventis Award
- 2003 Postdoctoral Investigator Award, International Cytokine Society
- 2003 SmithKline Beecham ICAAC Award
- 2005 European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Young Investigator Award
- 2005 ICAAC Programme Committee Award in "Immunology of Infection"
- 2006 WRO Goslinsgsprijs of the Infectious Diseases Society of the Netherlands
- 2011 Radboud Science Award
- 2013 European Society for Clinical Investigation Award for"Translational Research"
- 2015 Elected member Academia Europaea
- 2016 Elected member KNAW
- 2016 NWO Spinoza Prize
<< back to overview news items